African Queen 2
A unique experience that will take you to the best of the Caribbean Sea. The journey from Cartagena to Panama (or reverse) via the San Blas Islands. The trip offers backpackers a taste of the Caribbean and some of its divine islands.
Your Italian Captain, Rodolfo treats you for 3 days in the San Blas Islands Rodolfo speaks Italian, German, Spanish and English, he is a very nice host and an excellent cook making fish and Mediterranean food.
African Queen 2 is a 54ft (16.5m) Bruno Veronese Monohull with capacity for 12 guests. Captain Rudy has spent may years operating sailboats between Panama, Colombia and the San Blas Islands.
When operating from San Blas to Sapzurro the trip is 3 nights aboard the boat. The trip starts in Carti on Monday morning and you will likely leave the boat in Sapzurro on Thursday afternoon in Sapzurro. A short boat transfer from Sapzurro to Carpurgana is required before making your onward journey to Cartagena/ Medellin. It is likely you will need to spend a night in Capurgana before making your onward journey.
The itinerary below is a sample. Your trip may be slightly different depending on weather, anchoring conditions at each island and immigration.
Passengers will arrive to the boat via land transport from Panama City and a short local boat transfer from the mainland at Carti. African Queen will be anchored just offshore waiting. After all passenger have arrived and are comfortable we will set sail for around an hour to Isla Aridup. You can enjoy snorkelling around the island with equipment available on board. After enjoying an Italian Pasta lunch you will sail to Isla Coco Banderas. This is one of the most popular of all island groups in San Blas. After an Italian risotto evening meal the boat you can enjoy your first evening aboard.
- All meals until lunch on the final day
- Authentic Italian Pasta and risotto with vegetables. A selection of fresh fish depending on availability and season. Lobster, crab, octopus, tuna, snapper, sierra, bream, wahoo, sailfish and more.
- Vegetarian meals on request
- Tea, Coffee, water
- Transfer from Panama City (30 per person)
- Guana Yala entrance fee ($20 per person)
- Carti dock fee ($2 per person)
- Boat transfer ($5 per person)
- Visa if you are required to have one entering Colombia (i,e Canadians)
- Onward travel from Sapzurro