Mintaka is a custom-built 46ft. aluminum sloop, well maintained, very safe, comfortable, clean and professional operated.
From Portobelo via San Blas to Cartagena (Example)
½ Day 1: All guests will board Mintaka at around 18:00 hours. We all shall have dinner on Mintaka. Then Mintaka will leave Portobelo to sail for about 12 hours through the night to the Chichime Island Group in Kuna-land.
Day 2: Mintaka will reach the San Blas Islands in the morning, then breakfast will be served, usually scrambled eggs with bacon and fresh bread with French jam. Activities are swimming and snorkeling. Lunch will be served. There are nice beaches, some little islands and a Kuna bar. Mintaka will anchor here for the night. Dinner will be served.
Sometimes Mintaka will stay in El Porvenir, where are nice beaches and some Kuna restaurants. Lunch will be served. In the late afternoon we shall bring you with the dinghy to a typical Kuna village called Wichubualla. Dinner will be served.
Day 3: Breakfast will be served. Mintaka will sail about 2 to 4 hours to the next island group called Western Hollandes. We shall bring you with the dinghy to a very nice reef to snorkel. All guests will swim back to the boat where lunch will be served. In late afternoon we shall bring you and your photo gear with the dinghy to an island for a beach walk and visiting a small Kuna village. Their you can buy a fresh coconut for one dollar. Very popular is a shoot of rum into the coconut, called “Coco Loco”. The rum is sponsored by Mintaka. Back on the boat dinner will be served.
Day 4: Breakfast will be served. Mintaka will sail about 2 to 4 hours to the next, probably the most beautiful island group in Kuna-land called Coco Bandera. We shall bring you with the dinghy to a nice reef to snorkel. All guests will swim back to the boat, where lunch will be served. In late afternoon we shall bring you and your photo gear with the dinghy to a very nice, small island for a beach walk. Mintaka will leave San Blas to Cartagena at around 17:30 hours. Night will fall. Dinner will be served at sea.
Day 5: Breakfast, lunch and diner will be served at sea. Night will fall.
½ Day 6: Mintaka will be still at sea. Breakfast and lunch will be served at sea. In the morning to late afternoon Mintaka will reach Cartagena. We shall bring all guests ashore.
This is the planned program from Portobelo via San Blas to Cartagena. Nobody can warrant that the planned trip will exactly be as described. The trip might be adjusted to possible bad weather or technical problems. Please do not book a flight or a bus ride on the planned day of arrival or the day after. We all have to hand over all passports to our clearing agent on the next day we arrived in Cartagena, . The agent is mandatory by law in Colombia for incoming boats with crew. The agent will need at least 24 hours until the stamped passport come back to us. In a cafe in the hostel district Getsemani we shall meet then all the crew members to give personally back their stamped passports. Usually everything is settled 36 hours latest after our arrival in Cartagena.
Sail San Blas at its best with a very experienced crew. The trip on Mintaka will be the highlight of your South America tour.
• 5 days incl. 3 days in San Blas Islands
We know the nicest islands
Mintaka anchors every night close to different islands
• Competitive all-inclusive price (alcohol beverages excluded)
• Two fresh water showers a day (Not offered at sea passage, only at anchor!)
• Free lobster dinner (If lobster is available in the hunting season)
• High end fishing equipment
• Captain with more than 20 years charter experience
• Professional chef on board
• Breakfast, lunch & dinner every day
• Plenty of fruit and iced tea during the day
• Excellent maintained safe sailing yacht
• Unlimited pure drinking water
• Battery charging for cameras, smart phone and music players. Connect your music devices to Mintaka’s HiFi stereo
• Cheap local buses from or to Portobelo saves you at least $40.00 compared to El Porvenir or Carti
• Free quality snorkeling equipment for everyone. We bring you to the best reefs with the dinghy
• Fans under deck
• All passengers are insured
• No overloaded boat, max. 8 guests
• Mintaka will sail whenever there is sufficient wind.
The fixed, not negotiable, price for a 5 days cruise from Cartagena or Portobelo.
This price includes everything*, but alcoholic beverages.
Please do not bring big plastic bottles, there is no good way to get rid of them.